Monday, February 7, 2011

Pottery Barn Inspired Wall


I have a lot of "stuff." 

I have been wanting to create a wall of pictures and accessories. 

This picture is of the wall I wanted to work on
and these tables were just pushed here while we were painting.

So yesterday I pulled out a lot of "stuff;" and set out to create one.


I studied the pictures in Pottery Barn for inspiration.

Pottery Barn
Pottery Barn

Pottery Barn
So with a lot of mounting squares here is the wall that I came up with.



Couldn't get a good picture without the ceiling fan blade in my way.

I used my some of my photography. It has been up for two days and it is already the thing everyone who comes in comments on.

There is still one empty frame--bottom right.  I have to find a picture of my daughter Jennifer to go in that one.

I tried to make it with that not so organized look but as I add to it maybe I can give it more "found object" look.  

I like my squirrel but I need something sleek, maybe something glass to put in the box.  Something to contrast textures, give it a little more juxtaposition. 

I am still working on the living room.  I will continue to post pictures as it comes together slowly.

Thanks for visiting my blog,  Become a friend, add me to your blogroll or just visit often. 
Ya'll come back now...

11 comments:

  1. That looks very nice and I like the squirrel too! I think I need a wall like yours in my home! I found you from Debbiedoo's.

    Melanie
    www.youmadethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am visiting from Met Monday. Your wall looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great...I love a picture wall. Thanks for joining me...have fun!!~ XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wall looks great so far.The squirrel is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I'm a new follower and I just awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award on my blog! You can check it out here: http://mallicious.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did an awesome job on your picture wall, I love the squirrel pic too. I am visiting from the Newbie Party and am now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice job! i have a slight obsession with posting galleries in my house so i love seeing what other people do in their homes as well! posted recently about it: http://justlivesimply.blogspot.com/2011/02/gallery-love.html

    found you at debbiedoos link party!
    -kristen @ just live simply

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it Betsy! You did a great job! I've always loved those walls full of framed pictures! They are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, can't remember how I got here, but here I am, looking back a few posts.

    Hope all is going as well as can be expected with your mom. How is your daughter, did I miss the report on what happened with her hip?

    Now the superficial stuff.....what is the name of the font in your header? Love it! I'm sure this is the font used on a sign at my favorite junk shop. I never was able to find the person who made that sign so I hope you can tell me.

    Prayers and hope,
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your wall turned out great! Read your profile and discovered you had identical twin girls. I do to! mine are 38,that is a story all in itself lol. I hope things are going as well as they can with your mother. My prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just had to post again when I saw the picture of Maggie Mae. She is so cute, we have two poodles weighing in about 5 lbs. What would a home be without a poodle. lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments are what make blogging fun. Thanks for visiting my blog. Please feel welcome and come back often.