Sunday, January 16, 2011

Furniture Shopping


Mr. Fix-It and I had a wonderful day Saturday shopping and just being together.  He was coming off of a 7 day, 12 hours a night, work week.  I feel like I don't get to see him at all during weeks like that.

We headed to Blowing Rock and started looking at furniture.  I am happy that usually when we are shopping for something for the house we tend to like the same things.  All of these pictures were taken by my cell phone so they are not the best quality.

I found this love seat that we both liked.  It is covered in a taupe duck cloth.  Very durable.


We want two recliners and I was so mad at myself when I got home and I realized that I did not take a picture of the recliner.  I do have a picture of the fabric that I want on the recliners.   

Sample of Fabric
It has grays and blacks and browns in the wording.  It is all about planing and gardening and I love it.



This was a pillow from a chaise lounge that was covered in the fabric.


The only sample they had that was similar to the  fabric I want had French words on it.  The colors were the same as the gardening fabric,  It looks so good with the color of the sofa.


This is the Lamp that I fell in love with.  He is so cute and since we call our place "The Rabbit Hole" I thought it would go well in our house.


I have been looking for a wine rack and I think this one would look great.  But Mr. Fix-It said I couldn't buy it.  Instead he said he would build me one.  This one has a hammered copper top.  So pretty.

We left Boone and rode on the parkway for a while.  I have some pictures of deer I will have to share.  Then we left Boone and headed to Hickory for the evening.  I bought a few things for the house there that I will share over the next few days if all go well.

My mother is having her major surgery tomorrow and I am scared to death.  I am so worried that she will not make it through.  I will post again soon I hope.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are what make blogging fun. Thanks for visiting my blog. Please feel welcome and come back often.