Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween


We had some friends over last night for some Halloween festivities.  I made a HUGE pot of Taco Soup and  topped it off with shredded cheddar cheese and a big container of corn chips.  We had coffee and drinks around the fire pit till late into the night.  It was lots of fun.  There is something so relaxing about sitting around the fire on a cold night with something warm to drink with lots of good friends.

I have never been a fan of Tuesday Morning stores.  The only one I have ever been too is in a bigger town close to me.  I have never found anything there that impressed me much.  I don't know if I have just always hit it on days after everybody else has been there or what.  While we were out looking for my daughter a new car yesterday we went to Boone and I found a Tuesday Morning and I racked up!  Napkins by Waverly, plates, bowls, and one of my daughters a birthday present (well, part of it).  I had picked out some seat cushions for my kitchen chairs and meant to go by and get them after I was through looking around -I forgot them.  Just means a trip back to see if they are still there.  

I love the Waverly napkins! 

Here are some of the plates I bought this weekend.  The orange ones are from Pier 1 and the clear plates with the B monogram and the cute clear bowls are from Tuesday Morning.

I have really been a little under the weather this week and Mr. Fix-It knows that I have really been wanting a caramel apple.  He took me by Kilwins and bought me 2!  One with just caramel and pecans and one with caramel, pecans and a chocolate drizzle.  Notice there are no pictures of the caramel apple with the pecans and chocolate drizzle.  Mmmmm...it was good.  It took me about 2 days to eat it but I managed.  This one is waiting now  :)





This has been a rough week and I slacked off on posts this past week.  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so I will hopefully be feeling better soon.  I have way too many ideas and things I want to do to be feeling sick.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are what make blogging fun. Thanks for visiting my blog. Please feel welcome and come back often.